Thread: Larry Vs Tom
View Single Post
Old 22 May 2017, 13:28 (Ref:3735264)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
Wasn't the second Perkins VL, that became the #40 T-car, a converted 1987-spec VL that Perkins had debuted in the '87 Calder 500 and used throughout the 1988 ATCC?

Maybe the Perkins side thought Walkinshaw was coming to Australia to drive a PE car, but as the head of the program, i'd find it hard to believe Walkinshaw and the TWR side of the equation would have ever had the intention of coming all the way out here without their own equipment.
That chassis went to Mr Reithmuller didn't it, then onto Lansvale Smash Racing, and later Glenn Mason's Homebush Intersection team...?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods