Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 2017, 21:22 (Ref:3779684)   #2405
Crazy_Pigal
Rookie

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Crazy_Pigal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thoughts on likely engine regs, no one will be happy, but no one ****ed off enough to leave:

1. Fuel Flow curve:
Change fuel flow to increase proportional to engine speed, so 100kg/hr @ 10500rpm (same as now) then for every extra 1000rpm you increase speed the fuel limit increases by 5kg/hr (for sake of argument), so 105kg/hr @ 11500rpm, 110kg/hr @ 12500 rpm... etc. to 125kg/hr @ 15500rpm. So performance is still kept in check by fuel flow, efficiency is encouraged, but the engine is allowed to rev more naturally & hence a bit more noise.

2. MGU-H:
Currently the MGU-H power is unlimited, so they push this system to the max, so much they they hardly ever need to use the wastegate (so less noise). Seeing as the manufacturers want to keep their MGU-K then why not limit its power, I suggest that the total energy per lap from MGU-K plus MGU-H should be 2MJ (currently MGU-K alone is 2MJ) so the MGU-H will not be able to charge the battery all the time & they'll have to use the wastegate..... so more noise!

3. MGU-K:
Remove the deployment power limit (currently 120kW) but keep the battery size the same (4MJ per lap) to stop it getting any heavier. limit the power that the system can deploy itself to 60kW, but then let the driver control the rest with the push to pass button.... as I said no max power limit to this but it all has to come from the 4MJ so if your motor can do 400kW that's fine but you can only have it for a few seconds, could be fun!

Maybe they could mandate that each manufacture has to make their MGU-H unit available to any other or is that just silly?