Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2017, 16:03 (Ref:3779804)   #2412
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Which rules do Hugo Boss draft?
perhaps not directly a topic for future rules, but raises an interesting issue.

as long time sponsors like this leave for what presumably is a cheaper, better opportunity, the issue of a more equal distribution of prize money must be seen as problem which needs solving now rather than later.

obviously the logic of equal distribution suggests the teams will become (perhaps) closer in performance, but beyond that does an equal distribution protect the sport in the event that there is a mass exit of existing or traditional sponsors...is it an effective hedge?

declining viewership numbers are of course one problem leading to this but also if the new engine rules are perceived to be a technologically backwards looking move, is F1 in risk of losing more sponsors...sponsors who are increasingly more concerned with being associated with forward thinking brands/formulas?