View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2018, 16:20 (Ref:3796647)   #44
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
so i got out of my comfort zone and watched a couple of hours of the free live feed of the 24. all be it i watched in small chucks at a time...20-30 min here and there kind of thing.

certainly the actual racing was enjoyable but i found the quality of the live stream, lack of on screen graphics and the commentating made it more confusing then it should have been. in some ways i felt i was watching a broadcast from the 90's.

obviously there is a lot more to keep track of but i felt that more often then not this was not solely down to my lack of knowledge as the announcers were often struggling to match their comments to the actual cars/images on screen (which could easily be a function of having to fill up 24 hours with talking).

but then there was the lack of resolution and bandwidth of the live feed. while it was ok on my mobile, casting it to my TV screen was not good.

maybe not the the right thread for this point, but while i enjoyed just watching racing and not really caring about who was in what car (a new world to discover) but there was a noticeable lack of broadcasting polish which i have come to expect not just from F1 but all sports i watch which happen to be behind a pay wall.

definitely spoiled in terms of picture quality so without a proper HD stream/feed it struggled to hold interest.