View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2018, 17:46 (Ref:3796667)   #46
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
certainly the actual racing was enjoyable but i found the quality of the live stream, lack of on screen graphics and the commentating made it more confusing then it should have been. in some ways i felt i was watching a broadcast from the 90's.
I don't do this myself, but I think many of the hardcore fans will watch whatever they can with respect to video (TV, Streaming and even per-car streaming that might be done by some teams... sometimes on multiple devices at the same time), plus timing and scoring (there were a few options during that race) and finally match all of those visuals up with audio from Radio LeMans folks (more consistent and knowledgeable commentators).

Granted, that is a lot of work to create the best experience available today. But for endurance racing it can give you unique perspectives. For example just being able to watch one car for an extended period of time is interesting. Data extracted from T&S also a factor in understanding what is going on.

Two good examples of running along just with Alonso...

(first stint - start of race)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Ek6c9rExg

(night to day transition stint - I believe Alonso called out in one interview as being memorable/enjoyable)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrZZ6q7M2Cg

Richard