View Single Post
Old 6 Jun 2017, 19:29 (Ref:3739080)   #26
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
Curious move that. I'd need to know all the detail, but my initial thoughts are disappointment for Stewart and TPR/Maximum. They had given him a very competitive car, and he was battling very hard at the right end of the grid. Stewart's a great guy and so, if it's happened with his best wishes, then I wish Cook all the best. If he's been left high and dry, after rescuing Cook when he was out a drive then I'll be massively disappointed.

Car wise I'd far rather be in the Focus than the bent, old MG. In fact I'd rather be in the Focus than the non bent MG!

Wonder if the deal was less of a stretch financially for Cook? RCIB and MG presumably subsidise things a bit, and probably more than Stewart can. Just a thought.

Would be good to see Lloyd in the Focus now. That would suit him I reckon.
It seems like a very quick move for Cook, given that one of his personal sponsors only tweeted this yesterday:

https://twitter.com/OrionGas/status/871705203267035142

'Anyone fancies the action close up @Croft_Circuit 10th/11th Jun #BTCC @cooksport @DunlopBTCC #GOTeamGreen tickets: http://croftcircuit.co.uk/racing/btcc '