View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 2017, 08:27 (Ref:3739182)   #34
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I too am finding the whole BMR/888 thing confusing, and would really like to know why Josh Cook (who I think is a future star & appears to be a nice guy) has jumped out of the apparently competitive Focus, back into what appears to be a very lacklustre MG.
To be fair, I don't really understand the whole MG thing anyway. As a brand (they're not really a company) MG are selling less & less vehicles in the UK and as far as I'm aware, the MG6 isn't even a current model.
Isn't the MG 'works' deal supposed to finish at the end of this year? If it does, for reasons I've explained above I can't see MG renewing with another model, which leaves '888' (or that small corner of the BMR shed) without a works deal, and so no apparent super-deal continuity for Cook as there will be absolutely no mileage in running the old, bent MG shells any longer.
Then there's the BMR-Subaru conundrum. Loads of big talk, bluff & bravado last year, and although they've been thrown a curve ball with this 'Centre of Gravity' equalisation thing, and apparently suffered a boost reduction, apart from Ash Sutton, they are not only nowhere to be seen, but they also don't appear to be trying that hard to rectify the situation. (Apparently Plato was supposed to be back to back testing his & Sutton's cars last week, but didn't for whatever reason). This can't be very appealing to Subaru which I would think that long-term wouldn't encourage another manufacturer to get involved with the team if/when MG/Subaru decide to call it a day.
Obviously I'm completely on the outside looking in and don't know anything about what's going on behind the scenes, but it's not looking very good to me, but I suppose we will all be much the wiser in a few months time...