Thread: Three stage DRS
View Single Post
Old 7 Sep 2016, 22:11 (Ref:3670835)   #9
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All good points above. I tend to think that DRS was an easy "fix" (if you can call it a fix) to the lack of passing. I think any benefit to spectating along the something like the main straight was an unintended, but likely positive benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
but yeah regardless, your point stands...how much does FOM really care about those who attend live.
Probably just enough to prevent the stands from looking empty on TV. But that can be somewhat addressed by ensuring that the TV director (controlled by FOM right?) knows not to show much in the way of empty stands during the event.

Richard