View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2001, 11:33 (Ref:140542)   #17
Slowcoach
Racer

Slowcoach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The entry list was I think pretty reasonable-good grids for most races even if it was the back of beyond.
Coming back to my earlier suggestionabout merging (for the time-being) pre 90 and CT , I would now agree that is probably not a good idea . Both grids were well supported and I take JVP's point about being able to race in both . (I may even do that myself in the future!) . Although the more modern cars are possibly more complicated , parts are much more readily accessible and so it may infact be easy to keep the more modern cars on the grid (thus keeping numbers up)in the case of mechanical failure or repair work (I should think that the Mk11 Jag is a complete write-off after yesterday's excursion).
Perhaps the slimming of older car grids is a natural thing anyway and it may be those that are ultimatly merged to preserve them , at some stage people will become reluctant to race them week in week out due to the scarcity and/or cost of replacement parts etc...
I also believe that it is more likely that new members will be attracted to the more modern categories anyway as in my view they are likely to be younger and they will be the cars they identify with most if you see what I mean......