View Single Post
Old 18 Sep 2012, 13:35 (Ref:3137823)   #232
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigears View Post
Looking less likely there will be footage from ITV Sport Archives and Central TV about the Birmingham Superprix footage.

My best bet is Barrie Hinchcliffe Productions Sport (BHP Sport) but they gone bust 10 years ago. So where would all of the footage go?

Also as the race was cancelled and it was supposed to be broadcast for Grandstand on 8th October so I am not sure if the BBC would obtain footage of the qualifying session.

Any advice or suggestions?
Unfortunately most of the live content transmitted by the ITV companies and the BBC up to the early 1990s was junked. Sad and disgraceful, but there you go. Your main hope will be somebody who did a VHS recording. You might want to make contact with my compatriot 'inquisitor229' on youTube. He has a lot of stuff on VHS and may be able to help you out. See here.