View Single Post
Old 24 Sep 2013, 13:20 (Ref:3308750)   #2411
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
I'm not expecting to see 917 kind of handling, and actually I'm mainly talking about corner exists. Modern tyres are good, but it shouldn't affect this part that much. And of course wheels spinning is not the fastest way to get around a corner but nobody can have so perfect throttle input all the time they just never give too much. Maintaining optimal slip ratio is easy for a computer (traction control) though... The difference became pretty obvious in F1 when they banned traction control for 2009 - suddenly a lot more fighting with the steering wheel when accelerating out of a corner.

Actually in the final laps when Toyota was behind the other Audi and lapping it, it got a big slide in the last turn (properly sideways). The thing that I can't even remember when was last time I saw similar one speaks for itself.

Last edited by deggis; 24 Sep 2013 at 13:29.