Thread: Manfeild
View Single Post
Old 22 May 2015, 00:45 (Ref:3540062)   #9
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
The General Manager Business of Manawatu District Council is Shayne Harris - who is also the President of MotorSport New Zealand. This is pretty well known so I'm sure there is no undisclosed conflict of interest.
A couple of questions that could assist our thoughts that you maybe able to help us with Roger, (1) When were the loans first negotiated and (2) When was Shayne Harris appointed to that role?[/QUOTE]

I haven't researched the answers to those questions but I'm not inferring anything sinister. It is just an interesting situation where it seems to have evolved to the same person (with different hats) having positions on both sides of the fence. Obviously for a Council the size of MDC $3m of potential bad debt is very significant - on the other hand as President of MSNZ he has a constitutional responsibility to encourage participation in motor sport and the demise of a circuit would be a set back.