Thread: Movies McLaren Movie
View Single Post
Old 8 Mar 2019, 21:54 (Ref:3889232)   #18
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
yeah, that’s exactly what i felt about it. in true williams style it wasn’t over sensationalised nor emotionally manipulative and i would imagine everyone who sees it comes away feeling the same. personally i admire ginny a huge amount (and the kind of love frank and claire had for her was clear), like and respect claire (and her handling of a brother who needs a therapist and a slap), and a healthy balance of understanding frank, respecting who he is and what he stands for but feeling sorry for his family for being on the receiving end.
I finally got round to seeing the Williams documentary a couple of weeks ago. Remarkable stuff. I found it extremely moving. I knew very little about Lady Williams but my God what a remarkable woman she was. Sir Frank is, shall we say a product of his era when it comes to expressing himself emotionally. I still admire him but I admire Ginny more. She probably could have sorted out the situation between Jonathan and Claire.

One thing I thought was odd was Ginny's first husband not being mentioned by name or shown once.

Last edited by cg7aa; 8 Mar 2019 at 22:00.