View Single Post
Old 7 Oct 2019, 13:16 (Ref:3932478)   #31
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
So they aren't claiming copyright over images that have been taken by photographers belonging to Sutton or LAT, but they are claiming rights over ALL F1 images regardless of who took the photos?
That's not how I read it. I think it might be more narrow than that, but still a real problem. I expect it's more a case of older images that might have found their way into the Motorsports Network library and they mistakenly think they have exclusive rights, or those images may have been licensed for broad and liberal usage in the past and now the licensing details are lost. I post more speculation in the thread mentioned below.

I see no indication that Motorsports Network think they own all F1 images. I mean, that's a bit crazy. If anyone wanted to try to pull that move, it would be FOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Also mentioned in the How to Fix F1 thread here
IMHO, an admin should merge those posts into this thread.

Richard