View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2017, 18:03 (Ref:3758866)   #14
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
this past winter Sauber put out a 360 video of a lap during testing...if i recall correctly they just used that 360 Keymission Nikon camera which is about $500... so the equipment to film it exists and is relatively cheap for an f1 team and putting it up on youtube is basically free.

i would imagine the Tata network can easily handle the load as they seem more than capable of providing the teams and race control with data streaming back to their respective data centres (not sure if they also handle the transmission of the world feed). plus they are talking about providing various real time solutions (VR/AR) to enhance the fan experience.

imo the infrastructure already exists but is it a service enough fans will subscribe to or pay for?
I believe the onboard cameras are separate from the teams and race control networks.

The current camera technology I think is from gigawave, the on car broadcast unit can support several inputs/cameras but can only transmit one output/camera at a time.

l'm not sure whether it's a bandwidth issue transmitting from a car or the reception capability of the multiple receivers set around the circuit taking signals from multiple cars at the same time that is the limiting point.

What the comparative bandwidth requirement is for transmitting a 360 signal is I don't know.