View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2016, 11:42 (Ref:3630192)   #20
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Makes sense to have a set of FIA doctors who have the final say...but surely their job is to examine and be available for the drivers medical needs.

I'm not sure I understand their rational for not allowing another scan/examination on Saturday before quali even if it was just to humour their patient.
I think that for ruling a driver out for injury (particularly after a high speed impact) the decision will be made in the week before the race at the latest and that is final as no doctor wil think that you will make sufficient recovery in a couple of days.

For common minor ailments that drivers often pick up like flu or food, stomach ailments, etc that might rule a driver out of the car for Friday sessions, I am sure those can be presented again to the FIA doctors on Saturday as they will accept that a driver can recover from those enough in a couple of days.