View Single Post
Old 3 Feb 2016, 06:35 (Ref:3611144)   #1271
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Ummmm the sole reason Mr Pye wasn't run last year in a 2nd car from the start was because there was no external sponsorship dollars.

"The move comes after the team proved unable to find the funding to run a second car for Scott Pye"
http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/12/18/...enske-assault/

So your post/opinion contradicts reality.

Mr Pye wasn't being run as there was no external funding in 2015 based on the article above
Mr Pye and Mr Coulthard are being run on (in the majority) internal Penske funding in 2016 judging by the statement from Mr Story in the article i posted earlier.

So question to others: Why couldn't they do the same thing last year? Would have helped setup from the start, rather than the palava that was occurring up to April?

Contradiction much?
while you are welcome to quote a line that is a small part of a long article and isnt a direct quote.The article talks about how the team is rebuilding and its going to take time and there is lots of work to be done

I will use this quote from Roger himself

Quote:
QUESTION: Commercial backing, at the moment do we expect that the Penske owned brands, Western Star Trucks, etcetera, will take primary backing on one car, any car or both cars?
PENSKE: Well, I would expect that. What a great billboard for our commercial companies, V8 Supercars. I’m sure you’ll see the brands that we represent in some way, shape or form on the vehicle.
You might see multiple sponsors on our car or cars as we go forward because of the relationships we have here
Remind me again of the contradiction.