View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2011, 18:25 (Ref:2938206)   #8
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
for sure its not so much of an absolute but more of a generalization.

the point was more that since most people have a fixed income/salary they can only spend so many dollars. whether they spend it on other forms of entertainment or whatever else the State government will still collect the same amount of taxes. so when the promoter says the state will generate 26mil(or whatever it is) in new taxes what they are not saying is that the State will lose 26mil in taxes collected from other purchases/activities hence no new revenue for the State.

regardless, that was my understanding of that point and since BobHWS first raised it with that link does he believe that locals will make the difference here or will it be visitors to Austin who will make this event a success financially.

for the record i am a huge fan of the idea of having a race here and will try very much to curb my spending in other areas so i can afford to come to this race next year. people of Texas get ready to enjoy the benefit of my contribution to your tax base!