View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2018, 06:26 (Ref:3808796)   #158
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Perhaps I'm a bit old fashioned but I don't particularly enjoy seeing cars win that weren't competitive in period, but maybe that's just me. The RS2000 was never that competitive, if you go back to late 70s early 80s results.....

The Hoare Trophy race was good, but there could have been more variety of cars. Billy Bellinger was the star in the green Morgan, he is a very talented preparer and pedaller.... Peter, the shiny SLR went off on the first lap, but recovered without touching anything. The owner is out again today in the Moss Trophy with his +4, so been told not to do it again. The red car, referred to by Marcus as the 'Spice' car as Gordon crashed it during first test in 1962 or thereabouts), retired as the engine went off song. That's after the engine had 2 rebuilds during the winter (failed on RR after first) after going sick at Portimao, having been rebuilt after retiring at Spa with piston failure, having been rebuilt after Silverstone after dizzy drive failure. Not a good record. The engine did a season of 11 long races in 2013 without any trouble, was still in good health when stripped after, and is rebuilt every winter!