View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2011, 14:12 (Ref:2819526)   #41
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The thing is that a nations cup event of motorsport is a great idea, just that the A1GP implementation was a bad one, and only one I can genuinely think of as being possible would require a fair bit of political will and FIA/ASN involvement. The latter would be needed to make it a valid competition, the A1GP franchise system lead to some major motorsport countries being missed out; Spain, Finland and Sweden never had A1GP teams, Japan went away early on. I'm not going to bore you and suggest how I think it could be done (unless you want me to). A motor racing would cup, if done in a way it could claim the limelight once a year rather than be part of the background ten times, could make motorsport a more popular thing in some countries by allowing people to latch on to a national team (and by that I mean a team, not one driver).