Thread: Roll-Call?
View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2001, 08:27 (Ref:110643)   #1
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Roll-Call?

It strikes me that just lately we have met some wonderful new friends in Historic Racing and Racing History. It is marvellous to see this forum becoming busy, and the learning exhibited is of the highest order.

Perhaps now is the moment for a few introductions. Tell us a little bit about yourself, and the aspects of racing history which most fascinate you. Have you got any ongoing projects to tell us about? A historic racing programme? A website? A research ambition? A memorabilia collection? What's the part of your enthusiasm which occupies most of your time?

To start the ball rolling....

Tim Dudley, 34, based in North West London. I'm currently engaged in putting together what I hope will be the definitive story of racing at Brooklands. In my dreams, I'm hoping to out-Boddy the great William Boddy, who is the acknowledged world authority...

Well, I said "in my dreams".

Also avidly trying to ascertain the fates and whereabouts of all "W.O." type Bentleys, especially the one which was owned by my Grandfather, and which has so far escaped discovery. Trying to build up as complete a collection as possible of post-war British club race programmes (800+ and counting), and of course plugging the gaps in my run of Autosports.

Over to you...