Thread: Roll-Call?
View Single Post
Old 9 Jul 2001, 01:43 (Ref:114590)   #23
Murph
Racer

Murph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murph...AKA...Robert Murphy
Ocupation....retired High School teacher (History & Economics)
I am currently a photography student at the Art Institue of Pittsburgh
I have followed Grand Prix racing since the 1972 Canadian GP. Luckily I had a camera with me! I shot a lot of film from 1972 through 1986! One of my photogrphy professors has encouraged me to go through my 3000+ slides (mostly f1 with some Can Am thrown in), organize and clean them up, and start selling prints down the road. It will definately take some time....but it will be a labor of love. I'm planning on going to Lime Rock on July 27/28 for the Porsche Rennsport Reunion.....908's, 917, 917-10,962, 956, & 935's......of course I planned to go to Montreal for the GP this year, but......

My heroes are...Niki, Ronnie, Gilles, & "Our Nige". My favorite period was the '70's.....the reason is simple. The Canadian & USGP's were held at the end of the season...the teams were very relaxed...and security at Mosport Park & the Glen was...hmmmmm.....non-existent!!!!!! It was no problem to get into the pits and paddock areas on Fridays and blend in with the "real" photogrphers.....Saturday & Sunday were spent roaming around the circuit taking pics. Such simplier times....a good tent, some wine & cheese, lots of wood for the campfire.....as long as your car wasn't "sacrificed" to the "BOG" at the Glen....it was a great time!

Murph