View Single Post
Old 11 Sep 2013, 11:18 (Ref:3302028)   #62
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If, and as I'm sure it's the case, that both Ferrari drivers knew before the weekend that Felipe was leaving and Kimi is inbound, it makes me quickly reflect back on Fernando's comments in qualifying.

Not just the "Geniuses/idiots" comment - but the "Massa is too fast..." - was that just a subtle dig, more than trying to get Felipe to drop back a couple of car lengths? Plus also, Fernando was v.complimentary of Felipe in his post-race comments, stating that Felipe is quick, great for the team, and good in the Simulator. Also, when asked who he'd like out of Nico, Kimi and Felipe next to him next year, emphatically he answered Felipe...

Just saying - if, and I'm sure it's the case, everyone in the team knew the situation prior to the race, it's an interesting set of comments

As a side-note - at a kart event about 5 years ago, I picked a just-crowned Euro F3 Champion Romain Grosjean from his hotel and drove him to the track. Interesting bloke - sat there showing me various women he'd 'seen-to', on his iPhone, and then interestingly said how much he disliked a certain German driver who's likely to end up as his team-mate next year. "Typical German, too arrogant" - amused me...