View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2017, 15:26 (Ref:3724366)   #62
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhuette View Post
Then there was a Ford Motorsport film this winter, where we could see some CFD visualizations and an aero engineer scroll through what looked like twenty iterations of a WRC style rear wing.
Yep, that clip is what led to my thoughts about possible aero gains/advantages!

I think it's unarguable that the cars have made a leap forward in the last few years - and it's brilliant to see the current cars being taken as far as possible - but, with the current balance between works/private teams, I do think Chunder has a point with regards to spiralling costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhuette
Did anything come of the accusations of illegal traction control in the Beetle ECU? I remember some freakishly fast starts. No issue here with the spec ECU.
Unknown. I didn't see anything further on the matter (at least in the public domain) and, as the GRC regulations aren't available to the public, it's impossible to say if the GRC introduced any measures to control ECU/software usage.

As you say, the ECU/software regulations in the World Championship should prevent that from ever becoming an issue.