Thread: BTCC BTCC Support package
View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2010, 20:30 (Ref:2665583)   #37
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaced Invader View Post
i couldnt understand why the void left by formula bmw wasnt used for a guest series. give the club series guesting a reduced rate comparded to the usually supports to help them to. then use the guest spot alongside the whole 'go motorsport' thing to advertise what other racing there is in the country. so many people just go to the tourers and this could be used to publicise whatelse you could perhaps spectate, volunteer for or even compete in.
Whilst I don't disagree with the idea of using BTCC meetings to promote club race meetings (indeed, I can see some series making a positive contribution to the entertainment provided at a BTCC meeting), I would question whether it would be possible to do as you suggest. Firstly, if subsidies are to be offered to club series, then the question has to be asked as to who will be funding this subsidy. Secondly, I can foresee some bad feeling being created amongst those in other support series, who are in affect paying a significant premium to appear alongside the BTCC and this may not be conducive to securing those series' long term futures.