View Single Post
Old 8 Jul 2013, 23:16 (Ref:3275626)   #17
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepe View Post
I believe that is what they usually do, like in Silverstone, but for some reason it didn't happen this time.
Brundle was complaining during the Silverstone commentary that we were waiting for a restart while the lapped car made it's way round on a clear track. Don't know if the car got all the way to the tail but it definitely cost at least one and probably two laps of racing there.

That's the issue I have with it - when the SC is near the end of the race, the extra lap(s) while the lapped cars come around (remembering that they are not permitted to go full bore under SC conditions) can really stretch out a SC period and deflate a strong finish.

I'd reckon that Mercedes would have loved the "lucky dog" car delay at Silverstone. You could argue that Webber was hurt by it at Silverstone but gained from it at the 'Ring.