View Single Post
Old 7 Aug 2015, 18:55 (Ref:3564435)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Is it pure greed?
I don't think it is that. If this was successful there is more money coming into a race meeting and hence more profit (for someone, or some people).

The observation that club racing doesn't need spectators is true. It doesn't have them at the moment, unless you count my Mum coming to watch me.

Which might raise another issue, if I'm being devil's advocate. Why would you want to go and watch 'normal' people race? Isn't it just equivalent of a Sunday 5-a-side game, but with a bigger more expensive pitch, more expensive balls and more people needed to watch over the game? Although the "balls" are more interesting to look at and make a better noise.