View Single Post
Old 18 Sep 2017, 14:32 (Ref:3768292)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I found the race be pretty entertaining. Watching pagenaud pull off the four stop strategy was fun. He may not have won the championship but he showed he is a worthy champion. I hope he gets another one or two. I've been a fan of his since his p2 Acura days.

Newgarden is gonna be a force. I especially enjoy his honesty in interviews. He will admit to thinking about things others will pretend not to, like the championship instead of "100% focused on the race" blandness. It looked cheesy when he came out with the American flag, and I thought it was great that he apologized for it and basically told us it was a marketing thing, and that they handed it to him backstage. Makes him more real or something. Him and pagenaud trading titles for a while works for me.

Also good to see there wasn't any bad blood from the chicagoland incident.
I've liked Simon from his P2 days as well;took me some time to warm to him for I hope an obvious reason...he's been one of my favs for some time now and I'd hoped to see him at PLM.

Agreed, his strategy made for a bit more interesting race, but I'm fine with American Flags, unless it's Brad Keso

And I think you meant Gateway rather than Chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
It wasn't the most scintillating race and last year's wasn't much different. It's a bit of a shame considering it was the season finale and several drivers were in contention for the championship. Hopefully the IR-15 will produce even better, closer racing.
The last race should be on an oval, imho.

And this is the kind of track Sonoma is. It's quick, hard to pass, but usually has it's fair share of incidents. I like clean races, for the most, but other than the championship element, there were few talking points.