View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2004, 14:39 (Ref:848285)   #21
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
There haven't really been many- if any- models of the current BTCC cars that I can think of- it was a lot easier to do models of touring cars during the Supertouring period, as the manufacturers (who are all overseas anyway) could use the same basic casting of each type of car to represent cars from almost any touring car series by just painting and decalling/printing to match the appropriate cars from the BTCC, STW Cup or whatever.

As the Touring-class cars from the BTCC are unique to the UK, I guess that at present they don't think there's enough sales potential for them- (you can get DTM cars though, so maybe they're seen as having more sales appeal even outside Germany...)

Does anyone do current ETCC cars?- (I don't think I've seen any around yet?)- with ETCC-spec cars beginning to appear in the BTCC, then maybe we'll see more models around.

I can't remember whether there were any 2000-season BTCC Supertouring cars modelled or not- although a little while ago I think someone did post a link in another thread to a website listing what touring car models had been produced

Last edited by KA; 23 Jan 2004 at 14:40.