View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2007, 13:27 (Ref:1831865)   #173
ISPL
Rookie

United Kingdom
ISPL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
Jarvis's deal with Team GBR is that he will test and/or race when he can. He has signed a contract with TOM's in Japan to race there this season, so of course that has priority.

Jarvis will be back doing rookie duties in Eastern Creek and, who knows, he may get a proper crack at a race meeting before the end of the season.
If team GBR is second choice I'd rather he didn't bother. At least then we could give commited rookie a chance for the remainder of the season.

It makes no sense at all to go to meets with no rookie at all. The team need to see someone else in the car to give them (and us) a proper marker agianst which to judge Kerr's performance. If the rookie is quicker then I don't think Kerr, team GBR or anyone else can complain if they get the race seat.

The problem is that without a commited second driver it is impssible to know whether performance is a driver or team issue. There is no point jumping out of the frying pan into the fire by changing lead driver mid-season unless you have a rookie who has proved he is quicker. I am sure that if the team thought Jarvis was quicker than Kerr that change would have been made already.