View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 2012, 21:10 (Ref:3051426)   #1
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
News about 2014 regulations !

Some very serious informations have been leaked from the officiel staff of FIA about the future regulations for 2014.
It concerns the globalization of only one kind of engine for all prototypes... and GTs ! It will be a 4 cylinders, 1,6 litres max with a turbo. It will deliver aroud 300 hp. The difference in speed and lapping will depend on the weight of the cars and the diameter of restrictors.
It's said also that the maximum energy allowed for the hybrid systems will be raised from 500 to 1000 kj.
In order to cut down investments for this global downsizing, a single manufacturer will be chosen : Nissan and Renault are mentioned, but also Peugeot (from which GM has got 7% of capital account).

I'm very surprised that this policy of a single engine will be also applied for the GT categories ; so we could have on circuits Porsche-Nissan RSR, Ferrari-Renault 416, Corvette-Peugeot 90?, etc.

I don't have any link toward any article relating this, but a friend of mine who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows the President of FIA has been told about this story...

A nightmare ?