Thread: Team GBR
View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2009, 12:10 (Ref:2452835)   #170
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab View Post
Why has this become a thread about what I will/wont watch? I've stated my reasons for not watching A1, it is a personal choice that I think many agree with ... no-one likes to see drivers who have won for GBR be treated like they have been.

Perhaps motorsport in general will never clean up its act if it thinks people will watch regardless ...
Sorry didn't mean to make it personal, but I am trying to highlight the fact that this happens in all series. Frentzen won races for Williams but did people stop watching the sport (aside from some Germans and immediate family!) as a direct result.

Anthony Davidson should have had a reasonable shot at Formula 1 before now, but he hasn't and probably won't. Does this stop people watching F1. Of course not.

My point is this is not specific to A1 - if treatment of a driver is ANYONE's reason for not watching the series then I'm sorry but I am suggesting that they are disregarding the fact this goes on elsewhere or (more likely in this case) there is a bigger problem with the series in question of which the treatment of drivers is just a small part.