View Single Post
Old 16 Aug 2013, 15:28 (Ref:3290719)   #112
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus666 View Post
Gotta ask the Canadians on this forum, Is it to far to have an event 140 km/ 90 miles away (Mont Tremblant) from Montreal? Here in sweden, It's 128 km to the closest race track from Stockholm and I think thats okay to most of the visitors.
Yes it's somewhat close, nearly 2 hours driving depending on where you start from... But Tremblant is so full of rich people that a) Barely any real racing takes place there anymore because of noise restrictions and environmental issues. The track is next the a lake, near the bottom of the mountain. Million dollar condos and chalets are plentiful. I'm not even sure they still hold an Historics weekend. Last time I went Jacques Villeneuve was driving a McLaren F1 GTR and there must have been a few thousands of us - almost more entrants than spectators. b) There are no big hotels and definitely no cheap ones because, once again, the place is a hideout for rich dudes.

Edit: wonderful wonderful track though. I've been to Spa after going to Tremblant a few times and the place is almost as good as the Belgian track, but half the size and not anywhere near F1-ready.