View Single Post
Old 8 Nov 2016, 21:06 (Ref:3686605)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
My word I entirely agree with a post by Chunder! - actually I had a similar thing a few years ago - got totally fed up of the over-regulation of the sport but a big shake up in the rules hooked me back in.

I do agree though that the sport is far too clinical and corporate at the moment. Needs to re-discover its wild side.
What chunder says is really true. Having been a BARC member with my father when I was in my teens, school and early work days got in the way. I got back 'into' motor sport as a spectator in the early to mid 80's after another period of study which took up all of my spare time (pretty much) for 2 years. But it was in a location where I was persuaded to go and watch some F1 BRISCA at Belle Vue. I ended up going several times and thought it was sensational. When I returned home I started going to a circuit in the UK virtually every weekend, literally watching anything from from FF1600 through to Wendy Wools Special Saloons (loved those!) and then on to rallycross, touring cars and F3 which drew me in very quickly. I even watched a bit of F1. In 1985 I went to my first big sportscar race at Brands Hatch and I was totally hooked. Marriage, children and responsibilities put paid to my weekly outings and these days it's just Silverstone WEC and Le Mans. But yes, even though they remain my passion, I really ought to get out more..... (...and I'd love to see BRISCA in the 'flesh' again!).