View Single Post
Old 7 Mar 2001, 14:31 (Ref:69164)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Cameron.
I am sorry for the loss of your counterpart as most of the world is. i must admit to being horrified at the news of the accident and said a quiet prayer for the man involved and his family. i also thought of a few forum members that are involved in marshaling..

but sadly i left my thoughts at that and hoped that things improve to stop these accidents happening again..

but now ive read your post and i have been hit with the real sadness of it all..sure the family of the man involved are still in mourning but what of the people who witnessed the accident..like yourself..i hope you find strength in your family and friends at this time (and that includes us here at ten tenths)

I have never been involved in major motorsport events but having been involved in karting events both as a competitor and a flag marshall i know both sides of the the story..sure the danger is not as high but all flag marshalls are a very much needed part of the sport and i for one thank them for their efforts..several times i have been approached by a flagy and questioned as to why i gave them a wave during the race..i simply stated to them ..for doing your job..without you jumping out onto the track and waving the yellow flag i would not have seen the danger around the bend until it is too late..to this they usually are quite stunned but at the same time know that they have performed the job that they were there to do.

its not an easy job i know and especially in Formula One..to you sir I say well done on getting your job done in a professional manner even though you had a fallen comrade nearby you still performed your job to 100%.

chin up old boy and thanks for sharing your thoughts with us and i do hope to meet you one day to shake your hand in person for your unsung efforts in the sport we all love so dearly.

Cheers
Marcus