View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2001, 14:14 (Ref:71916)   #22
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's okay "Billy No Mates" I'll reply

I think that whatever we do, whether it is religious or not, we all go through life having faith. If we did not trust, believe or have a guide, inspiration or something to make us feel that we have the courage to do things, then we would all be extremely unadventorous.

To get in a car and do the speed of a club car to an F1 car is dangerous, as we are so often reminded and we could not do this without a leap of faith into trusting that the car is either not going to fall apart or will give us the protection we need if we do crash. And also knowing that the marshalls will be by your side as soon as they possibly can.

Religion is no different. There is little physical evidence that a God exists (although some people have their own ideas on that one that I won't go into) but having faith to their chosen religion gets them through their day, week, year, life. The same sort of trust is there.

Does that make any sense at all? I am not a religious person but have known religious people from Catholic, Muslim, Christian, etc. But faith doesn't stop at religion, it's part of our lives.

Funerals bring this to home probably more because of the sentimental values. I have been to my fair share of funerals, including my dad's when I was 22. I hope the day went okay, Vandas.