View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2001, 14:49 (Ref:71928)   #23
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Lorna,

Well in a lot of sports I have been involved in there doesn't seem to be the same level of religious belief. You don't find two chaplains involved at weekend football games. You don't find them sitting poolside in a game of waterpolo, but they always seem to have their own centre at race tracks. Americans are religious by trade therefore we find NASCAR and INDY to be quite religious. I don't know where I am headed with it all, but I do know that there are strong ties between religion and motorsport.

When you do strive for perfection, as all drivers do. It brings you to the absolute edge of the car, and you both mentally and physically. It stretches your faith and beliefs past that normal everyday line. You have do otherwise you will never be successful as a race driver. Putting you into hyperfaith (sounded good at the time of writing), lol. This I think brings home religious values to you. You are praying that the hunk of metal and plastic and fibreglass around you stays together and gets you to that finish line first.

I don't know they are all just thoughts.

Cameron