View Single Post
Old 9 Sep 2000, 04:13 (Ref:35917)   #32
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Okay, Tim, here's mine for today:
The Isuzu Rodeo that nearly creamed me but cutting across two lanes behind me as I was traveling at 80 in the high speed left-hand lane a decent distance from the car in front of me. I was approaching my exit, so I was ready to move to the right to exit, I put my turn signal on, checked the mirrors, turned my head over my shoulder for a final check, started my first lane change and this HUGE SUV, passing illegally on the right going 20-25 MPH faster than surrounding traffic, dove for the space I was half into, needless to say, I gave way first. Then he pulled alongside, chatting on his cellphone and changed lanes again to take the space in front of me. Only he hadn't completed the pass yet when he made his turn without signalling. Thank God for ABS.

I watched him careen across four lanes of traffic using other cars like slalom gates and then back again.

By the time I reached my exit three miles up the road from our first near miss, he was four cars in front of me in the right hand lane.

He nearly killed himself and put countless other drivers at risk for ten seconds on the freeway.