View Single Post
Old 5 May 2003, 14:09 (Ref:590041)   #27
BlueStang
Rookie

BlueStang should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
(1)Are YOU fed up with the quality of racing in CART and the IRL?
(2)Can YOU imagine how much better the racing would be if they were united?
(3)Do YOU HONESTLY believe that CART and even the IRL will be around in another 10 years IF they don't unite?
(4)Would YOU be willing to AT LEAST sign a petition?
1a) The IRL: not yet. The first couple of races, Miami and Phoenix, usually are not as entertaining (or as well watched) as the later races at Texas, etc. This has held true so far this year, although I expected Motegi to be better than it was. The number of wrecks bothers me also. I will know after Texas.
1b) CART: I've only been able to see one race because I don't get SPEED here. It (LB) was not a great one. I am also tired of seeing Tracy win every race. But I would not say I am fed up yet here, either.

2) If the racing didn't get "better" when many of the CART teams switched sides for this season, bringing the whole of the two leagues together is not going to make it any better. As stated above, we'll know more after Texas (for the IRL).

3) The IRL will be around as long as the 500 & BY400 are around, and as long as TG wants them to be. CART will probably have to be bought by someone in order to make it.

4) It would depend. I think the racing is better on a higher percentage of the ovals than it is on the RCs, and FAR better than on the streets. If the merger includes keeping most of the ovals, the best road courses, Cleveland, and very few (if any) street parades, I might sign it.

Blue