View Single Post
Old 15 May 2005, 00:07 (Ref:1301016)   #10
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Cadell
Falc

Greg Smith is a novocastrian such as myself who owns a company called Church air conditioning and the Fujitsu deal is through that and seperate from any Britek deal.

In terms of where are the rest, I can tell you that I was on the edge of getting involved but most drivers are saying they want to win but $250-300k will only make you best of the rest with the BA's of Luff, Macrow and the DJR boy's which is a lot of loot to flush. the level One involvement says virtually be ready to get smashed to the rest of the field.

D'Alberto is standing up for the independents but I shudder to think what a Kmart commodore, engines, new transporter and Operation for the year costs.
A multi-car (3+) could probably run a season on $250-300k each due to some economies of scale. I have been told that some teams are budgeting for $100k per car per round, which makes it simliar money per round as the Supercar Series. If a driver owned the car, then $250-300k is probably not inconceivable, but it would need some crash funds over and above that sum as a buffer.

PCR would be the only team that came close to a 3-car operation I would think. Apparently a walk-up start there starts at $300k, with other things built into it at additional expense.