View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2009, 23:25 (Ref:2395759)   #36
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Dan- im fick skinned !!!! will take more than you Brown Wilkinson etc to get at me
Esprits
Roger Mathews car was 1 of 2 new build Maguire built in 1982
Spaceframe chassis built with March 74B corners FT200 Alan Smith 1500 BDA special order ( my father saw it when we took the Imp there for chassis rejig) and he fell in love with it then
1 year later RM had to sell the car (taxman) and Roger waited 2 months for him to go see/collect the car (so busy with work) Roger wanted him to have the car- dad loved the car won the c/ship 84? sold car in 1990 to the Higgens boys who also had the sister car its been run under my nose twice last 3 years as roller less gearbox - ive sat on my hands not to buy it im not that emotional about cars/had other cars to spend my money on

the other Maguire Esprit was built for John Bothamly with 792 corners Hart 420R motor ( the car is the 2 shades of blue car in foto) car later went to Geoff Farmer to race then the Higgins boys had it no idea where it is now
i cannot work out who has the other car in foto it is center seater car

Other Esprits
Pat Thomas had Chevron B35 car BDG sold to John ( forgot his name) and he had it very nicely painted polished

Pat then had March 822 BMW car with body fitted BMW blew car was sold as F2 car to Horag. Ironically later became my fathers audi HSB Can am Interserie race car
George welly Potter had 7 litre chevy Esprit this went to Chris Crawford ( Oil rig man not ADA) who still retains it today

Dick Wallinger built 2 litre Esprit with Toleman running gear self built ground effect chassis. Later Ricky Gauld had the car later with 1 litre Imp power ray rowan eventually had it broke it up for Toleman parts to make a car with!

Tony Sugen Esprit (later became a skoda) built with remains of Jim Evans March 762 built on John Leek chassis with Turbo and V6 motors

There was an Esprit running mid to late 90`s at Oulton Park self built with Rover V8 it was not around in Donington GT days

Lotus Europa
Eric patterson had 1300 bda car built by Colin bennet on march 803 later had 1500 bda fitted
car then went to John Churchill with 2 litre BDG then BMW
then it went to Richard Gamble who fitted Rover V8 lump
car was last seen by me at Roger Hursts place as chassis only in yard body in the grass- Chassis was sold to build back as f3 car

Racing Fabrications built Europa for Paul Berman in 87 ish on S2000 chassis with 1500 BDA he never raced car and it was sold to Ian??? who raced it 89

John Firth raced Europa single seater based car 1500 BDA cannot recall what it was under the body

Lotus/Caterham 7
Rob Cox Allison had 3 of them called black bricks 2 cars for Modpsorts rules in the late 70`s
BB1 was a copy of the Dave Betteridge car i think Geoff Rumble built it
BB2 was built by Geoff Rumble at Dastle
BB3 was built by Racing Fabrications 1500 BDA for Donington GT racing

Lancia
Jim McGaughy took Jimmy Jack Toleman fitted pukka Lancia factory body to the car sold car kept BMW for FES thundersports car
Lancia still runs today with mazda power
Stratos
John Churchill built 1 car on march 832 from ZA with BMW power sold car to Cummings- car today may have AC3000 body fitted or lancia body fiotted to the AC3000 March 802 chassis with Duratec motor
Then JC built 3.3 DFZ powered car on Argo C1 chassis march 88B F3000 running gear

BMW M1
Jeff Wilson had Purleys Chevron B30 with GA V6 car was sold to McPhersons to run later back as B30 single seater
Mick Hill built a car with March body M1 7.6 litre Surtees engine on Lola T400 ( ex Durex Scott car) later to Kevin Riley /Val Musetti raced in Thundersports car broken up to rebuild T400 ( now in NZ) body still exists near Silverstone
AC3000 ME
Andy Barton built this on March 802 he had Hart motor then to Hotel man (in scotland name escapes me) then to Cummings

Skodas a seperate thread required for these
Mick Hills 7 litre car was called the Phoenix after a car was burnt in garage fire at home
Maguire built 1300 car for Tom Sheppard to race circa 1980 then it went hillclimbing/sprinting