Thread: Project C.A.R.S
View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2016, 17:05 (Ref:3604781)   #83
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I was a WMD member, in fact I signed up I think on the second day.

Its been a mixed bag. I'd be lying if the game had turned out the way I had hoped, or as had been initially advertised.

It has some great car models and I think the texture work on most of the tracks is superb, but for me, someone who needs a bit more realism and accuracy, its not really what I was after. In the early stages they pushed the laser scanned tracks angle quite hard, whilst the other tracks were more conventional "hand crafted". It seems as though they almost gave up on the tracks or ran out of time, which is why Monza + Silverstone looks a lot worse than say Spa, which had a lot of time poured into it. I even provided reference photographs and pointed out where they had gone wrong with some of the layout, track cambers, kerbs etc. All that effort kinda stopped though with about 6-12 months before release and you were left with a handful of carefully crafted circuits and then a load of tracks they cut and pasted from their data store.