Thread: SCCA Trans-Am
View Single Post
Old 12 Dec 2008, 12:29 (Ref:2353431)   #9
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is what I recieved from the SCCA

SCCA® Trans-Am® Series Returns In 2009
Pro Racing12/11/2008

LINK OT ORIGINAL SCCA.COM PRESS RELEASE http://www.scca.com/newsarticle.aspx?hub=4&news=3541

A series Web site is being established at www.sccatrans-am.com. Future announcements will be placed there and at www.scca.com.

2009 MUSCLE MILK SCCA TRANS-AM SERIES SCHEDULE*

Date Venue With
March 21-22 Road Atlanta, Braselton, Ga. Atlanta National
April 17-19 VIRginia International Raceway, Alton, Va. North Carolina National
May 15-17 Mosport International Raceway, Canada SPEED World Challenge
June 12-14 Portland International Raceway, Portland, Ore. Oregon Region National
July 11-12 Watkins Glen Int'l, Watkins Glen, N.Y. Finger Lakes National

* - Three additional dates to be announced

Four races on the east coast. Basically using the current SCCA GT1 rules. ( cars are faster then SWGT cars) but NO EFI engines, carberators 800-900 bhp old Stock cars and tube frame sports cars. Unless some of the rules change.

SCCA numbers in the club and semi pro races have been dropping. SCCA-PRO with the VW Jetta Cup has gone up up that is from VWs help.

as the VW Jetta was not competitive in SW touring, so they made their own races.

SCCA has also or will allow NASA members to come race with them as well The SCCA also made some tech rule changes too allow the NASA cars. Not sure how this will pan out.

I guess the good thing about TRANS-Am return is the name and possible TV coverage. Building a competive car is out of my budget.