View Single Post
Old 19 May 2011, 11:17 (Ref:2882559)   #3
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can see where you are coming from I Rosputnik, but X-Games has run overseas events a few times now and the rally (which is an established part of the events in the US) has never made the jump, so I wouldn't assume that rallycross will now.

As chunder says, the X-Games is a brand which has been spreading from the US for some time. If they start doing global events at the same size as the summer X-Games event in the US, then maybe rallycross will come with it, but I can't see that happening in the short term. I understood that rally (of sorts) would be coming to the Winter X-Games, but I've heard no more about that. I wonder if that does develop further though if it will be picked up as part of the GRC in the process?

I've said it before, but I think the DiRT 2/DiRT 3 connection is a funny one. When DiRT 2 came out, the rallycross looked rather far fetched; with the advent of the X-Games and the GRC, suddenly what we saw in D2 doesn't look that OTT after all. I also think its funny that one of the rallycross locations in D3 (and this was revealed a while back) is an old smelting site which looks a lot like the site used for round 2 of the GRC. Life imitating fiction, fiction imitating life!