View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 2011, 02:32 (Ref:2927296)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I'm going for Vettel (but then i would ), I was convinced after Monza 2008 that he'd become the best. He has pure speed, as much as Hamilton for sure, but whereas Hamilton maybe "racier" Vettel is by far more intelligent. Take Silverstone for example. I've seen Vettel criticised for not overtaking Lewis, but offline it was slightly wet and why risk valuable points? Had it been the other way around, for sure Lewis would have gone for it, but it would have been 50/50 as to wether he'd have made it or gone off.

As for Fernando, he is an incredible all round talent, but i do have to take issue with this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
and 2006 would have gone to Schumacher had he not suffered reliability issues in the last 2 rounds.
I'm sorry, but Fernando took 7 wins (same as Michael) 7 second places (alot better than Michael) and they both had 2 retirements. Yes, Michael had trouble in the last race, finishing 4th, but that's off set by Alonso only managing 5th at Germany. Plus Fernando did Michael by 13 points. Fernando was by far, the more deserving driver that year.