View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 2012, 23:57 (Ref:3064587)   #1211
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackSeat Driver View Post
Do you mean when on the last lap Bairdo braked comming over the top of the hill (confirmed by judicial in-car camera) and Angus who was less than 2m behind him could not avoid (I believe data was supplied by Williams) which send Bairdo onto the grass and Fogg accross the finish line unable to re-adress the situation. Gary's team apparently refused to supply data showing that all previous 11 laps, Bairdo had not braked on that particular corner but did on this occasion. . . . . Yes I recall it too.
I can see that you recall the incident very clearly also, but I must just fill in one further gap in what you have posted. There were two touches by Fogg, not one and the first one was prior to any braking by Bairdo. I know that the first touch caused Baird to brake, so he could keep control of the car and that came from the man personally.

Isn't it great that we both remembered it so well, it must say something about Foggy reputation, otherwise neither of us would have remembered it, or recalled it so clearly.