View Single Post
Old 1 Jan 2013, 19:37 (Ref:3183604)   #17
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
THe problem is that even if you managed to find a way of taking the wings away, there would still be ways of finding the grip, either through better tyres, suspension systems etc.

Who could possibly imagine that any modern car could ever beat the laptime of a 1000hp turbo car on qualifying tyres with super sticky rubber, but they were quicker in days!
Just like WRC, the Dela 4x4 was quicker on test stages in Italy than a Rallye 037 very soon after it was initially developed and quicker than an S4 within 6 months.

Modern cars are built for modern tracks though, I cant imagine a modern F1 car coping too well with Buenos Aires as it was, or Interlagos or placxes like Dallas or Detroit.

I wish DRS and Kers were gone too, but if that is a way to try and promote passing then I dont mind too much, and to be honest if you have ever played a racing sim, trying to use it and not mess it up is harder than you might imagine, so I have great repsect for these guys who are doing all this, driving, talking on radio, racing, watching tyre temps, messing with settings.

Its a different world, maybe not better or worse, but different.

My faith in F1 has been restored by Pirelli, and a few other things, the days of Bridgestone developing a tyre for one driver are gone and Michelin too.

If only MotoGP would just stop being so pathetic and people like Honda and Yamaha realise that their sport is going down the drain, and would have already been drowned were ot not for one man!