View Single Post
Old 1 Jan 2013, 21:28 (Ref:3183648)   #21
migliacars
Racer

United Kingdom
doncaster
migliacars has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartincolin View Post
Your argument seems to be centred on the fact that the majority of people who watch F1 do not actually participate in motorsport themselves. Well, I for one am participating in motorsport (Karting) which is not exactly the pinnacle of motorsport, but you have to start somewhere.

I am a massive fan of F1,and I get the impression that you do not appreciate what driving an F1 car entails and how good the drivers actually are. People who have never attended a grand prix very rarely realise that TV does not do F1 justice. I appreciate that many F1 fans are not in the position to attend a grand prix, but I`m just putting that out there. Admittedly, I feel that DRS is a step in the wrong direction for F1, but it does not mean that the challenge of overtaking has been completely eradicated. Standing at the side of the track at Monza, watching 2 cars battling wheel to wheel at over 210mph, it gives you an appreciation of just how good these drivers are.

You also mention that the drivers are like robots, who are not allowed to say what is on their minds, but this the way that all modern sports are heading, due to the to the way that society has become obsessed with being politically correct.

I`ll leave you with this: If the 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix did not get you excited, then no form of motorsport ever will!

Not true at all.
There are plenty of motor sports that I enjoy.
I get excited every time we race.
I can appreciate there skills in an f1 car. I do not have there abilities. But did not state that.

My comments are true.

Why are some of you so angry?
Insulting my grammar and spelling isn’t anything to do with the thread. im sure everyone on the earth has some faults and makes mistakes.
Do you think I should not be allowed to post on here for that reason? Or have I hit a nerve.