View Single Post
Old 2 Jan 2013, 01:49 (Ref:3183698)   #24
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by big andy View Post
real Motorsport fans are watching itv4 anyway.

!
The British Bumper Car Championship? With success ballast? That's also manufactured then. And the driving ethics are so lacking nowadays that it takes the excitement out of it for me.

That term 'real fans' that gets bandied about is quite annoying and unjust and actually for all the snobbery of F1 appears almost snobby and superior itself (not you I hasten to add, but the idea that those "in the know" know Formula 1 is crap).

Quote:
Originally Posted by big andy View Post
its nearly one make racing for god sake
But so is a lot of excellent motorsport, including at club level.

I think I would like fewer races than 20. Some of that week-long excitement preceding a race has faded for me, whilst my interest in F1 has certainly not. I do think fewer races would make each of them more of a "Grand Prix".