View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2014, 09:45 (Ref:3415654)   #23
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
At long last one of the major organisers has done something about driving standards and stood down drivers who have turned Historic Racing into a contact sport .

When will the others have the balls to do the same thing or are they interested in entry fees and keeping the (any) customers happy irrespective of how the bashers effect the other people in the race.

Doug Nye ,one of the Goodwood grandee's calls Historic Racing 'Pipsqueak'
and he's probably correct.My cars have been on the end of a bashing without even an apology.
The culprits need throwing out irrespective of who they are.
I now that in some quarters CSCC are not considered to be a "proper" major organisation (despite routinely having 300 cars out at meetings) but as MG David has said the CSCC have been championing good driving standards for many years and have asked members to resign, excluded drivers from meetings and/ or not accepted applications to join several times.

CSCC has recently formalised this with a 4 stage disciplinary process that has been issued to all members. Of note, If an incident is considered severe enough, the Committee reserve the right to jump straight to stage 4 - exclusion from the club!

It's not difficult really.

Nevertheless, incidents do still occur and I think the belief in the "racing incident" is too easy really. Many "racing incidents" occur because drivers don't have any forethought, anticipation or respect for their fellow competitors. Some would rather have the bang than back off. Me, I'd rather back off and come home with all 4 wheels pointing the right direction and the bank account intact.

Last edited by andy97; 5 Jun 2014 at 09:50.